How to Get to the Tokyo Immigration Bureau (Shinagawa): A Simple Public Transportation Guide (Step-by-Step)
I usually rely on Google Maps whenever I travel around Tokyo.
However, after making two trips to the [Tokyo Regional Immigration Services Bureau] recently for my visa renewal, I realized that Google Maps doesn’t always provide enough detail. Even when following the directions exactly, it can still be confusing.
To make things easier for anyone visiting the immigration office for the first time, I decided to write down the route I used.
Feel free to bookmark this guide for future reference.
Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau (Shinagawa Headquarters)
Address:
5-5-30 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Official name:
Tokyo Regional Immigration Services Bureau
Step 1: Take the Train to Shinagawa Station
No matter which train line you use, your goal is to arrive at 【Shinagawa Station】.
Google Maps can help you find the best route from your location.
Step 2: Exit Through the Central Gate
After arriving at Shinagawa Station, follow the signs for the Central Gate and leave the station.
Step 3: Head Toward the Konan Exit (East Exit)
After passing through the gate, turn right and follow the signs for:
Konan Exit (East Exit)
Continue walking through the passageway.
Continue walking until you leave the station building.
Step 4: Go Down to the Bus Terminal
Once outside, you will see escalators and stairs leading down.
Take the escalator or stairs to the plaza below.
Step 5: Find the Bus Stop
Walk between the up and down escalators.
You will quickly reach the bus terminal.
Step 6: Take Bus “Shina 99” (品99)
Look for bus route:
Shina 99 (品99)
Board the bus and stay on for five stops.
The Tokyo Immigration Bureau is located directly in front of the bus stop.
Getting off there will put you right at the entrance.
Step 7: Fare
Bus fare: 210 yenJPY(1.31USD)
Payment can be made using an IC card such as Suica or PASMO, or with cash.
Final Tip
If you’re visiting the immigration office for a visa renewal, extension, or residence card procedure, leaving a little earlier than planned can save you a lot of stress.
The route is actually quite simple once you’ve done it once.
Good luck with your immigration procedures, and I hope everything goes smoothly!





Comments
Post a Comment